Saturday, January 31, 2009

hoppy



Bar hopping makes for a yummy dinner. Altogether we shared a rainbow roll, lobster spring rolls, 'pineapple chicken', fried calamari, and bernaise sliders. Yummy yay for appetizers! Plus I got to try tons of strange/different beers.
We're at my dad's for the weekend, which as I get older, is a better and better time. My dad and I are so much alike, I so wasn't the milkman's kid despite the talk. I love him very much plus I get along with Juliet and he just adores Juan (it's totally ridiculous). Part of the reason I love being here so much is because it's probably the only home that I can still go to (the house I was mostly raised in is no longer in the family), and feel like I'm home, like home-home. I have so many memories on this big neglected farm land and in this house, and my dad still has all of my childhood toys and books and summer dresses. There are bright colored little weeds, like the little purple budded ones or the ones that can pass for mini-daisies, growing from everywhere outside amidst these huuuge pine trees, an old water well, and all of the forts I built with friends are still intact, though a bit overgrown with vines and weeds and palm frawns and whathaveyou. It's so soft and warm and colorful, and of course I still have a big bed and bedroom here that I have all to myself (and Juan).
I'm just happy to be here, like always. The art is Modigliani, Picasso's arch enemy.

No comments: